Job Type: PT Barista Listed: 7/11/19
Sunflower Espresso is looking for a new member of our mobile café team. Our new barista will join a crew that prides itself on excellent service, heavenly coffee, and a genuine love for our customers.
Our coffee bus serves multiple times per week in the Wichita area, all year long. We use Kansas-roasted coffee, bake our own pastries, and serve everywhere – from Strong Man competitions to food truck rallies to weddings.
To be a Sunflower barista, you’ll need to not only create delicious coffee in all weather conditions, but also drive and set up the bus, and creatively solve problems. You don’t need to have barista or professional driving experience to apply; we’ll teach you the quirks of both the bus and the espresso machine. However, expect to work mornings and on weekends, often in a crowded bus with several coworkers.
Ideal Candidates will also have:
- passion for coffee
- a valid, unrestricted Kansas driver’s license and reliable transportation
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to work in all weather conditions – from winter to hot summer
- the ability to bend, twist, and lift up to 50 pounds
- patience for working with customers to create their perfect drink, without patronizing or judging them
- passion for a job well done
- mega multi-tasking skills, and the ability to think creatively
If you’ve got passion for coffee and creating meaningful relationships with our customers, and if you want to be part of an excellent local food truck family, please apply!
Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25th, 2019